Brotherhood of Eradication
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B.o.E - Clan Forum for League of Legends. - B.o.E.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Raomin's guide to shen. (to be continued, games await.)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BluPntBll
Murderer of Eradication
Murderer of Eradication
BluPntBll

Raomin's guide to shen. (to be continued, games await.) Empty
PostSubject: Raomin's guide to shen. (to be continued, games await.)   Raomin's guide to shen. (to be continued, games await.) EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:20 pm

This Definitely doesn't fit in with most builds I've seen, but it seems to work, and it might help someone else Wishing to try him. I'll start off simple.

Shen: The Eye of Twilight

There exists an ancient order originating in the Ionian Isles dedicated to the preservation of balance. Order, chaos, light, darkness -- all things must exist in perfect harmony for such is the way of the universe. This order is known as the Kinkou and it employs a triumvirate of shadow warriors to uphold its causes in the world. Shen is one of these shadow warriors, entrusted with the sacred duty of Watching the Stars - exercising judgment untainted by prejudice.

Born to a clan whose members have decorated the ranks of the Kinkou for generations, Shen was trained his entire life to become the Eye of Twilight, and thereupon to dispassionately determine what must be done in the interests of equilibrium. As his final trial to ascend to this position, he was made to attend the Takanu, a ceremony in which his father was tortured before his eyes to test his resolve. Any reaction whatsoever would have resulted in his immediate disqualification, but he never averted his gaze and never blinked, not once. As the Eye of Twilight, Shen must make decisions which would buckle the wills of ordinary men, removing all emotion from the equation. He now works with his fellows Akali and Kennen to enforce the balance of Valoran. This hallowed pursuit has unsurprisingly led the triumvirate to the Fields of Justice.

The Eye of Twilight sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium.

Some Rough Stats on Him at level 1.

Damage 53.8 (+3.075 / per level)
Health 428 (+85 / per level)
Energy 200 (+0 / per level)
Move Speed 310
Armor 18 (+4 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 1.49 (+0.11 / per level)
Energy Regen 10 (+0 / per level)

Now the thing I like about shen, is his spells are based upon energy, 200 to be exact, it regens alot quicker than mana. But prevents us from spamming his skills most of the time. He's not a peticularly hard hitting champion. but his abilities make him invaluable during a fight, and while he doesnt have massive HP from the get go, his abilities make him incredibly hard to kill.

Abilities

Vorpal Blade - Damages target unit and life taps him, healing allies that attack the target.
Deals 50/95/140/185/230 (+0.65) magic damage to target unit. That unit becomes life tapped for 5 seconds, healing any champions who attack it for 10/20/30/40/50 (+) health over 3 seconds.

Cost
70/65/60/55/50 Energy
Range

This Ability would be the closest thing he has to a spammable nuke, and works wonders for harass and last hitting, especially if you are facing ranged in your lane and still need to get your last hits in without getting harassed.

Feint - Shen takes reduced damage for a few seconds.
Shen enters a defensive stance, shielding the next 50/100/150/200/250 (+0.6) damage. Lasts up to 2.5 seconds.

Cost
45/45/45/45/45 Energy
Range

Shen's bread and butter as far as I'm concerned, who doesnt want a practically spammable personal shield that can block damage? you can time it perfectly to mitigate the damage from spells such as Mundo's cleave ability. You still suffer from snares and the like from the abilities, but usually with the damage taken away you can eat through whatever stun or snare they hit you with. Not to mention makes towerdiving for that last hit easier, as when its maxed out it pretty much takes the whole tower shot without damaging you, leaving you undamaged from the tower.

Shadow Dash - Shen dashes rapidly toward a target location, taunting enemy champions he encounters.
Shen rapidly dashes to a target location, taunting enemies he collides with for 0.8/1.1/1.4/1.7/2 second(s).
Shen restores 50 Energy if Shadow Dash collides with a champion.

Cost
120/115/110/105/100 Energy
Range

The Ability that makes him a dangerous tank, works wonders when your carries or support are getting wailed on. It forces them to attack Shen. Now I realize its not as long as Rammus' taunt. But this one spans across as many enemies as you hit with it. Meaning you can potentially taunt the entire team to attack you for up to 2 seconds maxed out. Another neat trick about this ability is it's ability to pass through walls. so when your chasing someone down or running from a fight, you can taunt through a wall when they have to go around, allowing you to catch up or get away respectively. Proper use of this ability can practically guarantee you an advantage in a team fight.

Stand United - Shen shields himself and a target ally from incoming damage, and soon after teleports to their location.
Places a shield on target allied champion, absorbing 300/525/750 (+1) damage for 7.5 seconds. After channeling for 2.5 seconds, Shen teleports to the target's location.

Cost
50/50/50 Energy
Range

Shen's ultimate ability. A defining ability for him, and it has multiple uses: You can use it to gain an advantage in the map, teleporting to an ally in need of assistance, map travel, as well as applying a damage buffer to initiation for a team fight. I can't tell you how many times I've had an ally going to lose a fight and saved them because of this ability. Nothing is scarier than a 1v1 fight turning into a 2v1 fight in the blink of an eye. I usually try and save this skill for saving an ally running rather than map travel, but it is helpful to teleport into a bush where your allies are waiting for a gank. I would recommend if your teleporting into a team fight, to immediately cast your Shadow Dash ability to bring the focus on you when you teleport in.

Ki Strike(Passive) - Every 8 seconds, Shen's next attack deals bonus damage.

As far as passive's go, its not the strongest, but it does add to his damage and makes him a hard hitting character every 8 seconds. Now it used to be reduced by 2 seconds with every strike, but it appears they took that functionality out of it. The extra damage makes last hitting and harassing a bit easier too, as the extra damage suddenly makes a last hit, or makes a squishy opponent think twice about staying there. You can also combine it with your Vorpal Blade to make a mini-nuke. throw the Blade and Hit them. It is based upon health, so health is extremely helpful in the attack, as noted in my build and rune section. Every time you hit someone the cooldown is also reduced by 2 seconds. So it is quite helpful for a bit of burst damage.

Masteries

Now we get to the masteries. It's a pretty standard build I think, but I could be wrong. I use a 0/21/9 build and you can find it Below

http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/0000000000000001030401340311003140100000000

The reason I choose the utility tree over the offensive tree is the utility it provides. You get some health regen, more experience to level just a little bit quicker, and the extra gold while not ideal, is a handy option on gold starved games. Alternatively you could go something along the lines of:

http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/1003400000000010030411340311000000000000000

This a 8/22/0 build, and I am beginning to lean towards this, being able to ult in and heal your ally makes for a nice save if the shield is wearing out, often times allowing them to help you chase them down and continue fighting.

These are the two builds I use, but feel free to vary to your playstyle and comfort levels. No build is wrong the game is meant to be played to be enjoyed.

Runes

Ah the runes, and for me, its quite expensive, but quite simple: Health. I know what your thinking "what? Health? There are so many more useful utilities that you can get out of runes, energy, cooldown reduction, damage. But towards the end of the game, how much does that mean for you truly? Runes compliment your items and masteries, but they don't overshadow it. So why not add some survivability to your early game?

In short:

Greater Quintessence of Fortitude x 3
Greater Mark of Fortitude x 9
Greater Seal of Fortitude x 9
Greater Glyph of Fortitude x 9

This adds a grand total of +201 health at a cost of 20910 IP. A Hefty cost but it adds up pretty quick early game. and is still a viable option mid and end. pretty much all purpose. There may be better options and feel free to play with runes as you like, i keep coming back to this one though for its all around use. This +201 health combined with his base health of 428 makes for 629 health at level 1 not including your masteries, if you include that, it's 689. Almost 700 life at the start. It adds to your laning power and to your overall ability to tank, because with taunt, you WILL be beat on. And the longer you stay alive the longer your team can focus on killing the enemies.

Summoner Spells[b]

My summoner spell choice is probably a little bit strange, they aren't so much for you as they are oh shit tools for your teammates. I choose:

Heal
Fortify

The uses for these are pretty good. You can ult in and Heal your ally. I mean mathematically it's not a great item, but it can definitely catch an enemy off guard when they dive in to kill a wounded enemy and they find you ulting in and healing them at the same time.

Fortify, one of the least underrated spells if you ask me. everyone says its useless, but it has it's uses, especially when improved. You can tower hug, and when they come to hit the tower, taunt them and fortify, allowing the turret to wail on them. Can be uses to save towers, and to stall for time after a wipe. It just doesn't personally help YOU in any real strong way. But it adds to the team, and seeing as how this is a team game. I feel it's useful and warrants some thought.

Skill Order[i]

Two ways to take this, your first skill should almost always be Vorpal Blade. It's excellent for last hits and harassing. Follow it up with Feint, and then at level 3 Taunt.

Essentially your skill order would go: (Q) (W) (E) (W) (W) (R) (Q) (E) (W) (W) (R)

EDIT, THIS ISNT WORKING, I'LL MAKE A GRID.
Back to top Go down

Raomin's guide to shen. (to be continued, games await.)
Page 1 of 1